AWS is widely known as a cloud computing service that is advertised by Amazon (stands for Amazon Web Services). It is possible for you to utilize AWS to make Virtual Machines that can be outfitted with preparing power, storage capacity, and analytics besides organizing and gadget administration. AWS offers you a pay-as-you-go personal account, which makes a difference for the purpose of avoiding forthright costs and paying based on the utilization month to month. Discover the list of the most common AWS Interview Questions as well as suggested answers in this article.
It’s essential for you to prepare for your interview. Therefore, we provide you with Effective Methods for Preparing for Amazon Interview.
Basic AWS interview questions
What is EC2?
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) is a cloud computing infrastructure powered by Amazon Web Services (or the AWS for short) that provides virtualized computing resources on demand.
Amazon EC2 provides scalable virtualized computing applications with virtual hardware components such as computer memory (ram), processors, flexibility in the choice of storage partitions, data storage in different platforms, and the security of service management by AWS’s powerful cloud virtualization architecture. Amazon EC2 will provide one or more virtual servers that can be combined together to easily deploy the fastest application and ensure the highest availability. Even in terms of payment, you can easily know how much you need to pay based on the information about the resources you use.
What is SnowBall?
AWS Snowball is a data transportation solution that accelerates the movement of terabytes to petabytes of data in and out of AWS using storage devices designed to ensure physical transport is protected. secret. Using Snowball eliminates the challenges that can be encountered with large-scale data transfers, including large network costs, long transmission times, and security issues.
What is CloudWatch?
Amazon CloudWatch has been considered an observing and administration technological service that gives information and data for AWS application and framework assets, hybrid applications, and on-premises applications. With CloudWatch, you’ll be able to total and measure all your execution and movement information within the shape of logs and measurements on the same stage. This feature of Amazon CloudWatch makes a difference you fathom the challenge of checking single applications and frameworks in silos (servers, systems, databases, etc.). CloudWatch permits you to screen total memory pools (applications, foundation, and administrations) and utilize cautions, logs, and occasion data to automatically take activity.
What is Elastic Transcoder?
Amazon Elastic Transcoder has been a specific tool published and designed for the purpose of seamlessly scaling with users’ media transcoding workloads. Amazon Elastic Transcoder’s architecture is capable of handling large volumes of media files and large file sizes. It can assist you in changing a format of a video and resolution to support different types of technological devices such as laptops, PC, smartphones…
What is the VPC?
VPC stands for Virtual Private Cloud. It permits users to freely customize their networking configuration as much as possible. VPC is a network that is logically isolated from other networks in the cloud.
Have DNS and Load Balancer Services come under which type of Cloud Service?
DNS and Load Balancer are considered an important portion of the IaaS-Storage Cloud Service.
What are the Storage Classes available in Amazon S3?
Amazon S3 has been a special object storage service that has been empowered to store as well as retrieve any sum of data from any place. It’s simple hosting that offers industry-leading durability, availability, performance, security, and security at an incredibly low cost. Storage Classes which is available within Amazon S3 include:
- Amazon S3 Standard
- Amazon S3 Standard-Infrequent Access
- Amazon S3 Reduced Redundancy Storage
- Amazon Glacier
What are the benefits of T2 instances?
T2 Instances have been a special type of Scalable Performance Instances that takes responsibility to provide baseline CPU performance for the purpose of raising above baseline. T2 Unlimited Instances can maintain high CPU performance under workloads. needed. For most common workloads, T2 Unlimited instances can deliver ample performance at no extra cost.
What are Key-Pairs in AWS?
Amazon EC2 uses public encryption to encrypt and decrypt logins. Public encryption uses a public key to encrypt a piece of data, like a password, then the recipient uses a private key to decrypt the data. The public key and Private are understood as a key pair.
How many Subnets can you possess per VPC?
It is possible for you to possess 200 Subnets per VPC.
List different types of Cloud Services
Various kinds of Cloud Services include:
- Software as a Service (or the SaaS for short)
- Data as a Service (or the DaaS for short)
- Platform as a Service (or the PaaS for short)
- Infrastructure as a Service (or the IaaS for short)
Several advanced AWS questions
What is Amazon S3?
Amazon Simple Storage Service (or Amazon S3 for short) is an object storage service that provides industry-leading scalability, data availability, security, and performance. This means that customers of all scopes and sizes are able to utilize this kind of service to store and protect their data for a wide range of use cases, such as websites, applications mobility, storage, enterprise applications, and data analytics.
Amazon S3 provides easy-to-use management features so you can organize your data and configure access controls that are fine-tuned to meet the specific needs of your business, organization, and requirements on compliance. Amazon S3 is designed for near-absolute durability and stores the data of millions of applications for companies around the world.
Why should users choose Amazon Route 53?
Amazon S3 is designed with minimalist features to achieve the goal of simplicity and speed. Here are some advantages of Amazon S3:
- Create Buckets: create and name a Bucket that will contain data. The bucket is the basic concept in Amazon S3 for data storage.
- Store data: you can store infinitely different types of data in a bucket. Each of your data will be as an Object and you can upload as many as you want. Each object can hold up to 5TB of data.
- Permissions: Assign permissions to allow or deny upload/download permissions for the data located in your Amazon S3 Bucket.
- Standard interaction interface: You can use REST or SOAP to design interactions from your application to Amazon S3 via developer tools.
- Stability: It is designed to withstand failures and recover very quickly with minimal time. Amazon offers a service level agreement to maintain availability at 99.99%.
- Simplicity: Ease of use S3 is built on simple concepts and provides great flexibility for the development of your applications. You can build more complex storage schemes, if needed, by adding functions to S3 components.
- Low Cost: The cost of using S3 is very competitive with other corporate and individual solutions on the market.
Read more: AWS Cost Optimization Strategy
How can Amazon Route 53 give users high availability and low latency?
Amazon Route 53 utilizes several aspects below to provide high availability and low latency:
- Global data centers: User data can be stored in data centers located in multiple locations around the world. Route 53 allows any server in any data center to access.
- Scalability: Route 53 is designed to scale automatically to handle very large volumes of queries without your intervention.
- Servers Distributed Worldwide: Using a worldwide network of DNS servers that travel in all directions, Amazon Route 53 is designed to automatically route your users to the optimal location depending on the location or network conditions.
- Fast Lines: With self-registration, Amazon Route 53 can start responding to your DNS queries in minutes.
What does AMI contain?
Amazon Machine Image (AMI) is a special type of Virtual Appliance program used to initialize the EC2 Instance cloud virtual server operating system. An AMI contains the following items:
- Template for root volume of Instance virtual servers such as operating system (OS), application server, or necessary applications…
- Launch permissions control which AWS accounts are allowed to use the AMI to initialize the Instance virtual server.
- Block Device Mapping specifies which volumes will be mapped to the instance when the instance is initialized.
What are the various types of Instances?
Below are the several types of instances:
- Accelerated Computing: Accelerates computation, with GPU, increases computational efficiency much more than on CPU.
- Memory-Optimized: Optimized memory, is suitable for applications that need to process a lot of data in memory.
- Compute Optimized: Optimizes computing power.
- Storage Optimized: Optimizes reading and writing on hard drives, suitable for high-frequency continuous hard drive access jobs.
- General Purpose: Designed to be used for a variety of purposes, balancing compute performance, network resources, and memory.
What is the difference between the Availability Zone and Region?
Availability Zone is a database center, it is like a central area containing hardware, servers,… Meanwhile, Region is an area containing Availability Zones, such as Tokyo Region, Sydney Region, … Each Region will be able to have multiple AZs, usually 3, the minimum is 2 and the maximum is 6.
How do you monitor Amazon VPC?
There are several applications that you can utilize to monitor Amazon VPC, such as CloudWatch or VPC Flow Logs.
What are the different types of EC2 instances based on their costs?
The three kinds of EC2 instances which is powered based on the costs include:
- On-Demand Instance: This allows you to pay for computing capacity by the hour or second with no long-term commitment required. With this service, you don’t have to worry about the cost and complexity of hardware planning, procurement, and maintenance. This service will also turn a normally large fixed cost into a much smaller fluctuating cost.
- Spot Instance: This Lets you leverage unused EC2 capacity in the AWS cloud. Instant Instances are discounted up to 90% off the price of On-Demand Instances.
- Reserved Instance: RI can save you up to 75% of the amount compared to when you use ODI by paying an amount upfront. You will save more money if you use the long-term plan.
What is stopping and terminating an EC2 Instance?
Stopping an EC2 instance is shutting it down like your Personal Computer. This will not delete any volumes and you can start over at any time. Whereas terminating an EC2 is like deleting an instance. All attached drives will be deleted and cannot be restarted.
What are the benefits of using AWS DBs?
- Centralized, High Availability – If in the past, your data logs were stuck locally across multiple devices/objects, applications, or process stores, now you’ll enjoy the benefits of Centrally accessing your data in one place in the cloud.
- Absolutely no administration – Just save your data items with a simple web service request and Amazon Web Services takes care of the rest.
- Cost savings – Amazon SimpleDB charges you for storing and querying your data logs at no cost. Since you only pay by usage for the resources you use, you won’t need to plan for usage yourself or worry about database load.
What is Geo-Targeting in CloudFront?
CloudFront is an ultra-high-speed CDN service that Amazon provides to deliver data, videos, applications, and APIs globally while ensuring security. Geo-Targeting permits the creation of content based on the geographical aspects of its user.
What are the advantages of AWS IAM?
Here is a look at some of the key benefits of AWS IAM:
- Improve security: This is one of the most important benefits that an organization/business can be provided by an IAM.
- Reduce IT workloads: Whenever a policy is updated, all organization-wide access privileges can be changed in a single scan.
- Enhance compliance: With IAM, organizations can quickly meet the demands of industry regulations (such as HIPAA and GDPR) or implement IAM’s most effective practices.
- Permit collaboration and improve productivity: Companies can give outsiders (such as customers, vendors, and visitors) access to their network without risk.
What is a Security Group?
EC2 Security Group is a virtual firewall layer developed by AWS and provided as a firewall that filters access to EC2 Instance or out from EC2 Instance. When you instantiate an EC2 Instance virtual server, the instance is assigned to one or more Security Groups for that instance. With each Security Group, there will be many sets of firewall rules that control incoming or outgoing traffic and you can completely refine or remove the rules in that Security Group. The new rules will be applied to the Instance server that the associated Security Group uses.
What are Spot Instances and On-Demand Instances?
A Spot Instance is an offer from AWS; it allows an AWS business to bid on unused AWS compute capacity. The hourly price for a Spot instance is determined by AWS and it fluctuates depending on the supply and demand for Spot instances.
AWS On-Demand instances are virtual servers provided by the AWS EC2 virtual server service or the AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) with purchase/pay for virtual servers by the hour. With On-Demand instances, you won’t need a long-term guarantee commitment or no upfront payment. You can deactivate or start the Instance at any time and simply pay the hourly cost per Instance virtualized system resource.
Differentiate between a Stateful and a Stateless Firewall?
A stateful firewall is known as a network firewall. It can be understood that it is like a scanning gate with the task of checking. Everything has to go through it as censorship, controlling problems in the network. Stateful is like a shield that protects the network connection from the intrusion of connections other than access.
A stateless firewall is the opposite of a Stateful. If Stateful requires access information such as IP address to control access permissions. Then Stateless will not need to keep any information of the incoming session.
What are RTO and RPO in AWS?
Recovery Time Object is the recovery time that is calculated from the time the business owner makes a request to restore according to the specified RPO. Recovery Point Objective is the maximum time from the last data recovery point. RTO and RPO are always concepts that go together into a “perfect duo” with decisive value for data recovery systems and other solutions.
How does AWS Auto Scaling work?
- You can create a new AMI and create a pool that automatically expands the number of servers you want to launch.
- Use CloudWatch to monitor your EC2.
- ELB is responsible for sending the traffic in a circular pattern among instances, and it is possible for you to control how many instances you want to launch. When web traffic is down, you can also terminate EC2s automatically.
- CloudWatch allows you to configure alarms that trigger automatic scaling policies to launch EC2 instances. Each server is a duplicate of the AMI that you define in the AWS Auto Scaling configuration.
- Use Amazon Simple Notification Service to automatically send email or text messages when auto-scaling occurs.
- Your ELB will automatically disperse incoming visitors among all the servers in your Auto-Scaling Pool. You can set the minimum and the maximum number of instances in your bucket.
Do you find these AWS interview questions hard to answer? Don’t worry, we are here to provide you with the most detailed and accurate answers for all of them. Hope that these questions and answers can do wonders for your learning and preparation process before taking the AWS Certification Exam. And don’t forget to follow the effective AWS study guide to reach your highest score to pass the exam.
AWS Solution Architect Salary 2022 By Country & Experience
The need for AWS solution architects has risen, making them one of the highest-paid positions. In this post, we'll look at AWS solution architect salary.
How Hard Is AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam?
How hard is AWS solutions architect associate exam? Where to start studying for this exam? Let's have a look at the answers in this article!
AWS Solution Architect Certification Questions [2022 Updated]
In this article, we will provide you with the full guide on AWS Solution Architect certification questions. Let’s get started with us in this article right now!