What are AWS Solution Architect certification questions and how to answer them correctly is always a topic of interest to numerous AWS Solution Architect exam takers? AWS solution architect practice questions are clearly mentioned in this article.
Types of AWS Solution Architect certification questions
On the AWS Solution Architect Exam, there are totally 2 sorts of questions:
- Response types
- Multiple choice: There is 1 right answer and 3 wrong answers in multiple-choice questions (distractors).
- Multiple responses: Has 2 or even more accurate answers out of 5 or more alternatives.
Choose one or more replies that best complete or answer the statement or question. Distractors, also known as erroneous replies, are response possibilities that an examinee with little knowledge or competence could pick. They are, nevertheless, typically realistic replies that fall within the test objective’s topic area. Unanswered questions are marked as wrong; guessing is not penalized.
- Unscored questions
Unscored tasks may be included in your exam in order to collect statistical data. These elements are not included on the form and have no bearing on your final score.
Results of the AWS Solution Architect exam
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate (SAA-C02) exam is graded on a pass/fail basis. The test is graded to a minimal level defined by AWS specialists who follow best practices and principles in the certification industry.
Your test results are provided as a score between 100 and 1,000, with a minimum passing score of 720. Your score indicates how well you did on the whole test and whether or not you passed. Scaled scoring models are used to average marks across numerous test forms with varying degrees of difficulty.
A table of categories of your performance at each section level may be seen in your score report. This data is intended to offer you general feedback on your test performance. The test employs a compensating scoring mechanism, which implies that you only need to “pass” the entire exam, not the individual portions. Because each portion of the test is weighted differently, some sections contain more questions than others. The table includes basic information about you, as well as your strengths and shortcomings. When analyzing section-level feedback, be cautious.
You can try to visit our blog to get more information about the way to pass the AWS Solution Architect exam.
Exam format for AWS Solution Architect certification
The 40-60 questions on the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate test must be completed in 130 minutes. You must carefully plan your time. In addition, considering there are 40-60 questions in total, you should spend no more than 1 minute 30 seconds on each one. If you complete the exam in 130 minutes on average, you’ll get 30 minutes to review and check your answers.
In addition, the exam includes case studies, short answers, multiple-choice questions, and mark reviews, among other question types. You may want to start with the case study questions since there are so many different types of questions. As a consequence, they take the longest to complete. Following that are short replies and multiple-choice questions. Keep in mind that a score of 720 or above is required to pass the test. Furthermore, the test will cost you $150 USD. The exam is available in a variety of languages, including English, Korean, Japanese, and Chinese.
6 knowledge domain for acing the AWS Solutions Architect Associate exam
In order to help you prepare for the AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam and become a solutions architect, the AWS Associate AWS Solutions Architects certification track includes six supporting courses. Each of the supporting courses builds on the previous one, but they may be taken in any order. This is a list of six courses that cover the six most important topics you’ll learn.
Designing resilient architectures
The time has finally come. This is the first step you need to take. You’ll learn about AWS principles in Designing Resilient Architectures for Associate AWS Solutions Architects, which is the first of two supporting courses. New students, as well as seasoned engineers, should have a firm grasp of these fundamentals.
Computing and Networking
For Associate AWS Solutions Architects, the second supporting course in Networking and Computing. This course will help you prepare for the more difficult questions on the SAA C02 test, which has been upgraded to include more network and compute problems. The networking questions on the beta test were more difficult than SAA- C01’s. I saw a lot of emphasis on high availability and how to incorporate it into your designs.
Additionally, there were a few scenario-based questions regarding high-performance computing and multi-tier architecture security. There were queries about VPN and Direct Connect’s high availability, but also about their performance and how to set them up, as well as how to configure them.
As a result, it is critical to understand the distinctions between interface and gateway endpoints, as well as how to leverage both in your designs, in order to get the most out of VPC endpoints.
Resource Access Manager (also popularly known as RAM for short) came up in one question on my beta test, so be sure you know what RAM is, how it is shared, and what its constraints are. PrivateLink and the AWS Global Accelerator were also mentioned in the SAA-C01 test for the first time, which surprised me.
Migration, Storage, and Databases
The 3rd complementary course for Associate AWS Solutions Architects is Storage, Databases, and Migration. There are additional S3 questions on the most recent version of the SAA C02 AWS Solution Architect certification test, so familiarize yourself with the various S3 storage classes and how they are best used in certain applications. My beta test contained more questions about S3 performance and encryption than the final exam, which makes sense given how extensively security is emphasized in the new exam. In addition to S3 events and FSx questions that I hadn’t encountered on the SAA-C01 AWS Solution Architect certification test, the beta exam required me to demonstrate a thorough grasp of FSx and when it would be appropriate to utilize it.
In this lesson, we’ll look at regional vs. global approaches to high availability architecture. On the test, there were a few scenarios based on this layout. We may utilize S3 Transfer Acceleration, Cross-Region Replication, or CloudFront with S3 for worldwide high availability.
A major change occurred in the number of Aurora database questions on my beta test from the previous SAA-C01 AWS Solution Architect certification exam. Aurora Serverless and the high availability that Aurora and Aurora’s Serverless offer were the driving factors for this change. Don’t forget to familiarize yourself with the architectural differences between RDS and Aurora database instances. Also, I’ve seen that DynamoDB performance and DynamoDB streams have gotten a lot more attention.
Finally, there were a few inquiries on the Database Migration Service (also popularly known as DMS for short) and the AWS DataSync service.
Maybe you care about the questions of the AWS Cloud Practitioner exam.
Scalability and High availability
The fourth supporting course for Associate AWS Solutions Architects is High Availability and Scalability. If you are interested in learning about AWS architecture and implementation rather than specifics, the test has been reworked.
So make sure you know what each of these services is, and how they function, before preparing for the new test questions. Route 53 latency and integration with other services are also critical considerations.
Application Services for Associate AWS Solutions Architects, the last supporting course, examines AWS installations and hybrid settings. When I took the new certification test, I didn’t see any major changes here. It’s important that you understand SQS at a high level and realize that SQS is a wonderful tool for decoupling architectures (meaning that your designs are not dependent on each other). Understanding both SQS and Kinesis is key since I had a difficult inquiry about the two and how they may function together. The SAA-C02 AWS Solution Architect certification exam version now includes a scenario-based question concerning Amazon MQ.
Logging and Security
Logging and Security for Associate AWS Solutions Architects is the last supporting course in the certification pathway. Cost optimization, security, and Aurora/FSx/AWS architecture were the emphases of the questions in the beta test I took. Security in AWS was a major concern, and WAF seemed to be the primary focus (web application firewall). Understanding AWS Key Management System (KMS) and its compliance requirements are important since there was a lot more of it. From the SAA-C01 to the SAA-C02 test, there was not much of a difference under IAM, although I did believe AWS Organizations and Cognito were more prominently emphasized.
AWS Solution Architect Associate sample questions
Here we will provide you with AWS Solution Architect questions and answers. We hope that via the detailed examples below, you can know the method for effectively answering AWS Solutions Architect Associate questions:
Assume the role of AWS Solutions Architect. Using AWS Auto Scaling, your organization has a well-functioning online application. Customers from all around the world are becoming interested in using the app. However, this has a negative influence on the application’s performance. Your boss wants to know how you can increase the application’s performance and availability. Which of the following Amazon Web Services (AWS) offerings would you suggest?
- Amazon Web Services DataSync
- Amazon DynamoDB Accelerator
- Lake Formation in the AWS System
- AWS Accelerator Program
In the AWS edge network, the AWS Global Accelerator delivers anycast static IP addresses. Incoming traffic is dispersed throughout AWS regions’ endpoints. The application’s speed and availability have both been enhanced.
- Option A is wrong since DataSync is a tool for automating data transfer and does not increase performance.
- Option B is wrong since no mention is made of DynamoDB in this query.
- Option C is wrong since AWS Lake Formation is used to handle a vast volume of data in AWS, this option is inappropriate.
- Option D is the proper response: AWS Global Accelerator uses examples that may be found there. There are several benefits to using the Global Accelerator service.
You’re working on an HPC application with your team. Luster’s high-performance and low-latency file system is required to address complicated, computationally difficult issues. You must set up this file system on AWS at a cheap cost. What’s the best way to do this?
- Amazon FSx-created Luster file system may be used to store data.
- Use Amazon EBS to set up a high-performance Cluster file system.
- EC2 placement group to create a high-speed volume cluster.
- Start Luster from the AWS Marketplace.
An open-source, parallel file system called Luster may be put to good use in high-performance computing (HPC). To learn more about Luster, visit http://lustre.org/. Luster file systems can be launched fast and cheaply in Amazon FSx.
- Option A is the proper response: Customers that utilize Amazon FSx’s Luster file system will only be charged for what they really use.
- Option B is wrong: EBS customers may be able to set up a Luster file system, but it requires a lot of additional settings, while Option A is simpler.
- Option C is wrong: Because the EC2 placement group does not support a Luster file system, option C is wrong.
- Option D is wrong: As a result of this, AWS Marketplace’s items are not cost-effective. There are no minimum fees or setup expenses with Amazon FSx. Luster Pricing may be found on Amazon FSx.
Read more: Online AWS Training and Learning Paths
Your website is hosted in an S3 bucket and you have customers from across the world. Caching frequently visited material in an AWS service will minimize latency and boost data transfer speeds. Your decision must be based on one of the following possibilities.
- Use AWS SDKs to make concurrent queries to Amazon S3 service endpoints horizontally scalable.
- Create numerous Amazon S3 buckets in the same AWS Region.
- To better serve customers around the globe, you may enable Cross-Region Replication to several AWS Regions.
- Set up CloudFront to distribute the S3 bucket’s content.
CloudFront is able to cache frequently requested material, resulting in improved speed. The speed of other solutions may be improved, but they do not keep cache for S3 items.
- Option A is wrong: It is erroneous to choose option A, which may boost throughput but does not save cache.
- Option B is wrong: Because this option does not employ a cache, option B is wrong.
- Option B is wrong: Since it sets up numerous S3 buckets in distinct geographical locations, which is a bad idea. Using a cache does not enhance speed.
- Option D is the proper response: Due to the caching of files in CloudFront, users are routed to a CloudFront edge location that has the shortest latency possible.
There is an Auto Scaling group for your company’s online game. The app’s traffic is well-known in advance. There is a noticeable rise in traffic on Fridays, which lasts over the weekend, and then begins to decrease on Mondays. The Auto Scalability group’s scaling has to be planned. Which approach is best for implementing a scalability policy?
- The first step is to create a scheduled CloudWatch event rule that launches and terminates instances every week.
- The ASG will automatically scale if a target tracking scalping strategy based on the average CPU measure is set.
- Using the ASG’s Automatic Scaling tab, implement a step scaling policy to automatically scale-out/in at a defined time every week.
- Create a planned activity in the Auto Scaling group and define the frequency, start and end times as well as the capacity of the action.
Below is the correct answer and the explanation for this:
- Option A is wrong: It’s possible this option works. To execute scaling, you must, however, set up a target, such as a Lambda function.
- Option B is wrong: The target tracking scaling strategy does not specify an ASG target, as stated in Option B.
- Option C is wrong: It’s impossible to schedule the scaling operations. Using the step scaling strategy, the ASG does not scale at a predetermined time.
- Option D is the proper response: Using planned scaling, users may set the ASG to scale at a predetermined time. This solution is a viable one.
You’re building many EC2 instances for a new app. The EC2 instances must have both low network latency and high network throughput if the application is to function well. A single availability zone should be used for all instances to be deployed. Exactly how would you set this up?
- Use the Cluster placement technique to start all of the EC2 instances in a placement group.
- When EC2 instances are launched, automatically assign a public IP address to each of the running instances.
- Using the Spread placement method, you may start up EC2 instances in an EC2 placement group.
- The EC2 instances should be launched using an instance type that provides increased networking capabilities wherever possible.
Low latency and high throughput may be achieved by using the Cluster placement technique. Network performance among EC2 instances might be improved by using a cluster placement technique. When setting up a placement group, you may choose a strategy.
- Option A is the proper response: The Cluster placement technique may increase EC2 instance network performance. When setting up a placement group, you may choose a strategy. When establishing a placement group, you may choose the approach.
- Option B is wrong since the public IP address has no effect on network performance.
- Option C is wrong: When a lot of crucial instances must be kept distinct from one another, the Spread placement technique is advised. In this situation, this method should be avoided.
- Option D is wrong since the option’s description is incorrect. Creating a placement group with an appropriate placement approach is the ideal technique.
AWS EC2 must be used for the deployment of a machine learning application. The application relies heavily on the speed of inter-instance communication, thus you’ve decided to add a network device to the instance in order to boost that speed. What’s the best alternative for increasing output?
- Assertively, make use of the EC2’s increased networking capabilities.
- In the instance, configure the Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA).
- Assemble an ENI in the instance with high throughput.
- An Elastic File System (EFS) is created and mounted in a virtual machine (VM).
Compared to improved networking (Elastic Network Adapter) or Elastic Network Interface (ENI), the Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA) provides higher performance.
- Option A is wrong since users may gain greater network performance with Elastic Fabric Adapter (EFA) than with improved networking.
- Option B is the proper response: EFA is the most suited strategy for boosting High-Performance Computing (HPC) and machine learning applications.
- Option C is wrong because the Elastic Network Interface (ENI) is unable to meet the performance requirements.
- Option D is wrong: The Elastic File System (EFS) cannot speed up communication across instances.
You have an S3 bucket where clients may upload images. When an item is uploaded, an event notification containing the object information is delivered to an SQS queue. You also have an ECS cluster that receives messages from the queue and processes them in batches. Depending on the volume of incoming messages and the pace with which the backend processes them, the queue size might fluctuate dramatically. Which measure would you use to increase or decrease the capacity of the ECS cluster?
- The size of the SQS queue in terms of messages.
- The ECS cluster’s memory utilization.
- The total number of items in the S3 bucket.
- The ECS cluster’s container count.
The object information is stored in this scenario using the SQS queue, which is a highly scalable and dependable service. ECS is perfect for batch processing, and it should scale up or down depending on how many messages are in the queue.
- Option A is the proper response: Users may set up a CloudWatch alert depending on the number of messages in the SQS queue and use the alarm to tell the ECS cluster to scale up or down.
- Option B is inappropriate since the workload may not be reflected in memory use.
- Option C is wrong because the number of items in S3 cannot be used to decide if the ECS cluster’s capacity should be increased.
- Option C is wrong because the number of containers cannot be utilized as a measure to trigger an auto-scaling event.
If you have an existing VPC built, you need to route all traffic from your VPC to AWS S3 buckets across the AWS internal network. S3 bucket traffic is now allowed on the virtual private network (VPC) endpoint that they’ve set up for S3. As part of the application you’re building, you’ll be using VPC to deliver traffic to an AWS S3 bucket. After creating a routing table, you added a route to the VPC endpoint and linked it to your new subnet’s route table. As a result, when you use the AWS CLI to submit an S3 bucket request from EC2, you receive an error message of 403 access forbidden. What may be the problem?
- Your VPC is located in a separate region from the AWS S3 bucket.
- Traffic to the S3 prefix list is blocked by EC2 security group outbound rules.
- S3 bucket may not be available at the VPC endpoint because of a restrictive policy.
- EC2 instances are not listed as the origin in the S3 bucket’s CORS setup.
Below is the correct answer and the explanation for this:
- Option A is erroneous. “403 access is forbidden,” says the inquiry. The request searches for a route using NAT Gateway or Internet Gateway if the S3 bucket is in a different area than the VPC. If it exists, the request is sent to S3 through the internet. If it does not exist, the request will be rejected with a connection denied or timed out error. Not with a “403 access denied” error.
- Option B is erroneous. When a security group refuses to accept traffic, the failure reason is 403 access refused, as described above.
- Option C is the right answer.
- Option D is erroneous. CORS (cross-origin resource sharing) is a protocol that allows client web applications from one domain to communicate with resources from another domain. You may use Amazon S3 to create complex client-side web apps and selectively enable cross-origin access to your Amazon S3 resources with CORS support. The request is not coming from a web client in this scenario.
Your VPC uses resources from which of the following AWS components?
- Gateway to the Internet
- VPC Endpoints for the Gateway
- IP Addresses That Can Be Scaled Up and Down as Needed
- NAT Gateway
Below is the correct answer and the explanation for this:
- Option A is erroneous. An internet gateway is an AWS component that resides outside of your VPC and doesn’t use any of your VPC’s resources.
- Option B is erroneous. Virtual devices are referred to as endpoints. They’re horizontally scalable, redundant, and highly available VPC components that enable communication between instances in your VPC and services without putting your network traffic at risk of downtime or bandwidth limits.
- Option C is erroneous. An Elastic IP address is a public IPv4 address that is static and optimized for cloud computing. For every VPC in your account, you may link an Elastic IP address with an instance or network interface. You may use an Elastic IP address to disguise an instance’s failure by immediately remapping the address to another instance in your VPC. They don’t all belong to the same VPC.
- Option D is the right answer. In order to construct a NAT gateway, you must first define the public subnet where the NAT gateway will be located. See Subnet Routing for additional information on public and private subnets. When you construct the NAT gateway, you must also link it with an Elastic IP address. You must change the routing table associated with one or more of your private subnets to direct Internet-bound traffic to the NAT gateway once you’ve built a NAT gateway. This allows instances on your private subnets to communicate with the rest of the world.
There’s a need for ABC’s application, which is running on an EC2 instance in a private VPC, to send emails to many recipients. IAM users will not be the ones that get emails. Using AWS Simple Email Service, you’ve entered your email address and saved the settings. Sending emails to numerous recipients from your EC2 instance is made possible via the usage of the AWS SES API. However, the email was unable to be sent. Is one of the following possibilities a plausible explanation for this?
- You haven’t set up a VPC endpoint for the SES service in the routing table.
- By default, AWS SES is in sandbox mode, which means it can only send emails to confirmed email addresses.
- The specified email address’s IAM user does not have access to AWS SES to send emails.
- AWS SES is unable to send emails to addresses that are not IAM users. The SMTP service supplied by AWS must be used.
B is the correct answer. Amazon SES is an email platform that allows you to send and receive emails using your own email addresses and domains in a simple and cost-effective manner. You may send marketing emails like special offers, transactional emails like purchase confirmations, and other sorts of communication like newsletters, for example. You may create software solutions like email autoresponders, email unsubscribe systems, and apps that generate customer support tickets from incoming emails when you utilize Amazon SES to receive mail.
Above are AWS Solution Architect certification questions and answers for each. Good luck with your upcoming exam!
If you have not had AWS certification yet and you are preparing for the exam, you can try to visit our websites to get more information and a free AWS Practice Test. To download, visit our website for your IOS or Android device.
AWS Solution Architect Salary 2022 By Country & Experience
The need for AWS solution architects has risen, making them one of the highest-paid positions. In this post, we'll look at AWS solution architect salary.
How Hard Is AWS Solutions Architect Associate Exam?
How hard is AWS solutions architect associate exam? Where to start studying for this exam? Let's have a look at the answers in this article!
AWS Solution Architect Certification Questions [2022 Updated]
In this article, we will provide you with the full guide on AWS Solution Architect certification questions. Let’s get started with us in this article right now!